Fees and Payment
Swimzine runs on a volunteer basis and we don’t currently have the ability to pay the writers and artists that so kindly contribute. We also aren’t able to supply free copies to contributors.
We will however share your website, social handles etc. where applicable.
We will also be supporting swim related charities and causes with profits from the zine.
1. Please make sure your work fits Swimzine’s theme - any type of swimming is welcome; indoor, outdoor, wild or in a pool.
2. We prefer previously unpublished work so please let us know where and when it has been published previously.
3. We ask for first-time publication rights. Your piece first and foremost belongs to you, however we ask that you don’t publish a piece that we have accepted before it appears in Swimzine. Once it has been published, all rights will revert back to you as the artist/author. We will send you a Contributors Agreement before we publish your work.
4. Submissions should be one piece per document.
5. Please only submit to a Maximum of TWO Categories per submission period (eg. Poetry and Artwork)
6. Please make sure your work is proofread and complete before submitting.
7. We can’t accommodate providing feedback right now. If your piece is turned down, please don’t contact our team asking for edits, or feedback beyond what may or may not be provided.
8. You are allowed to be published under a pseudonym, however you must provide us with your real name upon submission.
Prose and Poetry Submissions
1. Prose can include creative non-fiction, 'poetic' prose, anecdotes, etc. We however are not looking for Criticism or Review at this time.
2. Please submit all written pieces via Word Document. We will not be accepting written pieces in PDF format. Please name the Document as follows: Your Name - Title of Piece
3. All Prose should not exceed a maximum of 700 words.
4. Only one piece of Prose is to be submitted per Submission Period.
5. A maximum of 3 poems can be submitted per Submission Period.
1. Please submit all Visual Media/Artwork using high-res formats so that we may showcase the best quality of your work (ie. 300dpi/1080 HD).
3. Please no more than 3 submissions of Artwork per submission period. However, you may include up to 3 images per work.
4. Please include a short Artist statement/description for each piece that is submitted. We can’t guarantee to use these in the zine, but they help with our selection process. Please attach them in a separate document and label them accordingly.
5. Please include the following information for each work submitted: Title, artist(s) name, medium, and year the work was completed.
6. With your submission we would appreciate any links to portfolio websites, social media, etc. where your work is displayed. However, please don’t use this in lieu of a formal submission.